The Provencal Markets in the Ardeche is a place where you can enjoy the wonderful climate and local atmosphere as well as get to know the art of “taking your time.” A spectacle of colors and scents come your way, with the market stalls almost collapsing under the ripe and juicy peaches, nectarines, raspberries, and melons. And then there is our “Picodon” – a regional goat cheese that can be enjoyed cold or hot on a salad – truly blissful! Enjoy yourself to your heart’s content – there is a market somewhere almost every day; they are generally open from 9am to around 1pm.
- Monday: Rosières, St-Alban-Auriolles (July-August), Vagnas, Vogüé
- Tuesday: Saint-Ambroix, Largentière, Les Vans (June to August).
- Wednesday: Joyeuse, Uzès, Bagnols-sur-Cèze, Goudargues, Grande Combe,
- Thursday: Vallon Pont d’Arc, Lavilledieu, Berrias-et-Casteljau, Vals les Bains.
- Friday: Ruoms, Barjac, St-Quentin, Darbres, Lagorce (small market with local product 16:00 till 18:30)
- Saturday: Aubenas, Les Vans, Uzès, Pont Saint Esprit.
- Sunday: Alès, Alba-la-Romaine, Payzac (July-August), Vals les Bains, Vallon Pont d’Arc (July-August), Salavas (June 9th-September 8th).
The Evening Markets
Some of the markets are also open in the evening. Gather from 5pm to midnight in July and August
- Monday: Barjac.
- Tuesday: Vallon Pont d’Arc, Les Vans,
- Wednesday: Ruoms, Aubenas.
- Thursday: Rosières, Vals les Bains.
- Friday: Largentière.
- Saturday: -/-
- Sunday: Joyeuse.